Sunday, March 21, 2010

Every Believer a Witness (1)

My life before I met Jesus:

I was born in Winchester, VA, the youngest of four siblings. My sister and two brothers are still living there in my hometown.

I was very sad when my parents divorced when I was ten years old. School was a great way for me to lose myself in academics. I also remember watching the Washington Senators on TV with my mother. I learned to play a clarinet in school.

My mother sent me to Sunday School, but I stopped going when I turned ten. My life as a teenager was wrapped up in school. I especially enjoyed amateur radio in those years. I thought I had everything going my way until I went off to college.

After high school graduation, I went off to state university, but that did not last long. Although I had been brought up in a non-religious home, I had received moral teaching. My morals and state university did not mix. So, I went off to a Christian university.

Next installment: How I came to accept Jesus into my life

No comments:

Post a Comment